Croagh National School
19th December 2012
- Cycling Program
Back in September, the children from 1st to 6th class successfully completed a Cycling Safety course. This program was partly funded by the RSA and the Limerick County Council.
- School Walk
The Board of Management would like to thank all those who helped to make the school walk a success this year, those who attended on the day, those who helped out on the day and all who contributed so generously. To date, the contributions have amounted to €2331.10. Any outstanding monies should be handed in as soon as possible.
Congratulations to the boys from 5th and 6th class who won the West 9 a side football league this year. The boys played Kilcolman and Kilcornan in their first two matches, where they were victorious in both. As a result we emerged winners of our group. Next we had to play our nearby neighbours, Cappagh, in the semi-final. The boys won and secured their place in the final. On Oct 25th we travelled, along with our many supporters, to Mick Neville Park where we met Broadford in the final. While this was a tough game from the start, the boys displayed great skill, determination and heart and as a result we returned to Croagh, Cup in hand. Well done boys. Also a big thank you to our supporters and drivers who make going to these matches possible.
- Christmas Shoe Box Appeal
The response to the Christmas shoe-box appeal was tremendous. 63 wonderful gift boxes are currently on their way from Croagh National School to many destinations. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support.
- Christmas Outing – Juniors to 2nd Class
A Christmas outing for Infants, Seniors, 1st and 2nd classes took place on December7th. The children travelled to St. John’s Theatre in Listowel to see Santa’s Sooty Christmas. A great time was had by all.
- Rathkeale & District Credit Union
We were delighted to hear that we had two pupils who won 2nd place in the annual Credit Union Poster Competition “Celebrating Community Colour”. Grace Lenihan was awarded 2nd place in the 8-10 category and Noreen Lenihan was awarded 2nd prize in the 11-13 category. Presentation of prizes took place in the Rathkeale House Hotel on December 10th. Congratulations girls – well done.
Credit Union money is collected in our school by Credit Union staff every Thursday morning. If you wish to join this scheme, please contact Rathkeale Credit Union. This service is available to students from 1st class upwards.
- Limerick Peace Proms
Students from 3rd to 6th class will participate in the Limerick Peace Proms which will be held in University Limerick on Sunday January 27th 2013. In preparation for this, the students travelled to UL on Friday last for a practice session.
- Nursing Home
The children from 3rd to 6th class visited the Adare & District Nursing Home yesterday to sing, play and entertain the residents.
The school choir will lead the singing once again on Christmas Eve. Children from 3rd to 6th are asked to be in the gallery 30 minutes before Mass. Thanking you for your co-operation.
- Ø Recycling
In January we will be starting a used battery collection so please encourage your children to bring in any old batteries into the school.
We will also collect any old Christmas cards you have and these will be passed to the Brothers of Charity in Newcastle West for further use.
- School Reminders
- Healthy Lunches – Children are encouraged to have healthy lunches at all times. If a child wishes, he/she may have a treat on Fridays. Junk food does not help concentration.
- Uniforms- The school encourages neat uniform dress at all times. Please, please put names on jumpers and coats!
- School Premises – Board of Management would like to state that parents are responsible for their children who are on the school premises before 9.00am or after 2.40pm.
- Notes for Absences – Please remember to give a note to your child when he/she is returning to school after being absent, in accordance with The Educational Act 1998. Also notes are required if you want your child to leave during the school day.
- School Gate – Important – We request your co-operation in keeping the school gate clear at all times. This is necessary on Health & Safety Grounds
- The staff of Croagh National School would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very Happy and Peaceful Christmas and to thank you for your co-operation in 2012. Gu?m beannachta? na Nollag ar gach duine agus athbhliain faoi shéan agus faoi mhaise dh?bh go léir.